VSB – Technical University of Ostrava is the Notified Body, No. 2078, for the activities of a Notified Body under the European Parliament and Council Regulation (EU) No. 305/11, laying down harmonized conditions for launching building and construction products to the market with a focus on interior heating appliances (CPR Directive).
The activities of the Notified Body 2078 relate to the following harmonized standards:
- EN 12 815:2001 – Residential cookers fired by solid fuels;
- EN 13 229:2001 – Inset appliances including open fires fired by solid fuels;
- EN 13 240:2001 – Room heaters fired by solid fuel.
The headquarter is the Energy Research Centre (ERC), which has more than 15 years experiences as a testing laboratory accredited by CAI, (Accredited Testing Laboratory No. 1166.3), and meets the requirements of EN ISO/ IEC 17 025.
In cooperation with TÜV SÜD Czech Ltd., we are also able to arrange assessment of other relevant regulations related to the facility, such as:
- Directive 2014/30/EU of the EP and of the Council of 26 February 2014 on the harmonisation of the laws of the Member States relating to electromagnetic compatibility;
- Directive 2014/35/EU of the EP and of the Council of 26 February 2014 on the harmonisation of the laws of the Member States relating to the making available on the market of electrical equipment designed for use within certain voltage limits.
In connection with the above, let us offer you cooperation in:
- Assessment of the properties of construction products in relation to their essential characteristics in accordance with System 3 listed in the Annex V of the CPR regulation;
- Informative product testing;
- Consultation in the field of applied standards.
As a rule, the assessment studies validation of compliance with the requirements of the Commission Regulation (EU) 2015/1185 of 24 April 2015 implementing Directive 2009/125/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council with regard to eco-design requirements for solid fuel residential heaters. Based on the results of the tests of the product, a certificate of the fulfilment of the legislative requirements will be issued on behalf of ERC.
Address of Notified body 2078
VSB – Technical University of Ostrava
Energy Research Center
17. listopadu 2172/15
708 00 Ostrava-Poruba
Contact person for the testing of local heaters
Ing. Petr Kubesa | phone: 597 323 849 | e-mail: